Sunday, June 5, 2011

Leaving on a jet plane...

Okay, so tomorrow is Day One of our fun adventure! I'll keep this short and sweet since I still have a lot to do before I leave (e.g. pay bills). Ramsey and I fly out first thing tomorrow morning. Our wonderful husbands are driving us down there, and we're all heading out at two in the morning. It's already after ten, and I'm weighing the pros and cons of simply staying up or heading to bed for maybe three hours of sleep. Sleep will probably win in the end. It always does.

Anyway, we fly out of Omaha at six, short layover in Dallas (please let our bags make it!), longer layover in Miami, and then Quito, Ecuador! We'll spend our first week there with a host mother (our "ecuamama" Pily) that we found online. Hopefully she won't turn out to be a serial killer. That would be a total bummer.

I'm going to do my best to post throughout our trip so that my loved ones can stay up-to-date. I kept a blog when I studied abroad in England, and I loved being able to add pictures to my posts. Unfortunately, I probably won't be able to include pictures as I post, but maybe I'll just upload a ton of them when I get back.

Alright, time to spend more time with Craig, as I'm flying out in less than eight hours. Speaking of Craig, one would think he'd be pretty lonely while I'm gone, but he just bought a "gaming" chair...with the sound in the seat and everything. Yeah, he won't even notice that I'm gone. Next post will be from Quito! Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment